“1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.”—things to remember, -n.m. (via thegirlwithfernweh)
if you want a nice body, go get it. if you want to become a lawyer, study your ass off. if you want nice hair, pick a style and get it done. stop being afraid and motivate yourself. find yourself. find your happiness, because it’s out there waiting for you.
“When a guy cheats on you once, he will do it again. If he gives you butterflies, remember that when he was your boyfriend, he was kissing somebody else. The sooner you set the bar for what is acceptable, the better off you’ll be. We’ve all fallen for someone who’s not great for us, but when the alarm bell starts ringing, you have to listen.”—Daily Tumblr Love Quotes (via thelovewhisperer)
“You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.”—Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love (via teenager90s)
“You sleep in your hotels with four or five stars, I sleep here with four or five billion stars.”—A man whom I’ve met who lives in a tent in the mountains, talking about how his lifestyle is better than any hotel. (via breakthequiet)